- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 c. water
- 1 box (6 oz.) Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp celery salt or 1 - 2 stalks chopped
- 2 T. instant chicken bouillon
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour disolved in small amount of water
- 2 c. half & half
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (campbells healthy request)
- 1/4 c. rice (added to above boxed rice before cooking)
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Boil chicken breast in water until tender, remove and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, seasoning & bouillon to broth, boil for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add dissolved flour, half & half, & pepper.
- Stir and add cooked rice and cubed chicken.
- Simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
Notes: Extra salt is not needed. Onions & carrots are free items, so adjust quantities to suit your preferences.
Makes 8 generous servings
Serving = 3 ladles
3 ladles = 6.3 points without optional soup & rice
3 ladles = 7.2 with optional soup & rice.