- 7 Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks (or another brand of nearly fat-free hot dogs with 40 - 45 calories each)
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside. In a separate small bowl, mix together corn, egg substitute, and sour cream. Stir thoroughly. Add contents of the small bowl to the large one, and stir until completely mixed.
Cut 2 hot dogs in half, leaving you with 4 cocktail-sized franks. Cut each of the halves into 6 pieces, leaving you with 24 "coins." Set aside. (You'll use these to top the muffins.)
Chop the remaining hot dogs into very small pieces. Add those to the large bowl, and stir until they are integrated into the batter.
Line 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 8 cups. Top each muffin with 3 of the hot dog "coins."
Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool and then enjoy!
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
PER SERVING (1 muffin): 160 calories, 2g fat, 636mg sodium, 27g carbs, 1g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 9g protein -- POINTS® value 3*