Prep time: 15m, Cook Time: 15m
*1/2 c BBQ sauce (I used Bull's Eye bold)
*11/2 tsp grated peeled gresh ginger
*1 small garlic clove, minced
*1/4 tsp ground cardamom
*1/4 tsp ground cumin
*4(1/4-lb) skinlees, boneless chicken breasts
*3 whole wheat pocketless pitas
*1 tsp. black sesame seeds
*4 c chopped romain lettuce
1. Spray the grill rack with nonstik spray. Preheat the grill to high or prepare a hot fire.
2. Bring the BBQ sauce, ginger, garlic, cardamom, and cumin just to bil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer until the flavors are blended, about 2 minutes.
(I did this in the microwave, that way I didn't have to dirty xtra dishes, just heated it in the bowl I mixed them in)
3. Place the chicken on the grill rack and grill until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken, brush with half the sauce, and grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes, brushing occasionally with the remaining sauce.
4. Meanwhile, lightly spray the pitas with nonstick spray; sprinkle evenly with the sesame seeds and salt. Place the pitas on the grill rack and grill until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side.
5. Transfer the chicken and pitas to a cutting board. Slice each chicken breast and cut each pita into 4 wedges. Serve with lettuce.
Per Serving (1 chicken breast with 3 pita wedges and 1 c of lettuce): 301 cal, 5g fat, 1g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 70mg chol, 973 mg sod, 34g carb, 4g fibre, 30g protien, 54 mg calcium