1 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill 13 bean soup mix.
1/2 Vidalia onion.
2 stalks celery.
1 large carrot.
1 medium squash
1 15oz. package extra firm tofu.
16 oz. vegetable broth.
1 cup of water or as much as needed.
1 teaspoon italian seasoning.
2 cloves garlic.
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Boil beans for 5 minutes and allow to soak and simmer for at least 2 hours.
2. Dice onions.
3. Dice celery.
4. Peel and cube squash.
5. Cube tofu.
6. Add onion, celery, carrot and potatoes to beans.
7. Add vegetable broth.
8. Add water, salt, pepper and other seasonings.
9. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until beans are cooked thoroughly.
10. Add tofu and allow tofu to soak up juices for approximately 15 - 30 minutes.
11. Serve hot.