* 1/2 lb. whole-wheat spaghetti
* 3 Tbs. olive oil
* 4 large garlic cloves, peeled, halved, and sliced (3 Tbs.)
* 1 1/2 lb. ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped (6 cups)
* 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
* 2 Tbs. fresh chopped sage, plus more leaves for garnish
* 2 Tbs. chopped kalamata olives
1. Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water 10 to 11 minutes, or until al dente.
2. Heat oil and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, sage, and olives, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Drain spaghetti, and return to pot. Add sauce, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Divide among 6 serving bowls, and garnish with sage leaves.
Per 1-cup serving: Calories: 258, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 9g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 40g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 148mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 5g