Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simple Split Peas

I am watching videos and reading blog by vegans and getting so much inspiration. (Did you see this one!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdeC3OJJIzA What a great advertisement for veganism!) I find it so motivating to hear their experiences and to see them and hear what they have to say, reminds me that I am not alone in what I am doing. It gives me ideas about things to try. It motivates me to go further, to do more.

I wanted something simple to make yesterday for my lunch and I reached for the split peas. I decided to experiment and it turned out great! It was the simplest version of Split peas I have seen but everyone in my house devoured my vegan lunch instead of their omnivore one, so that was a good sign. Prince Charming had only one request, make more next time LOL.

Simple Split Peas

1 cup Split peas
6 cups water (or veggie broth)
2 Tbsp veggie bullion (leave out if using veggie broth)

Put in pot and simmer on stove until the peas have broken up and the peas have reached the desired soup consistency. (About 2 hours in my house) That's it. Very simple and very good. In fact, I have some simmering now to have for my supper tonight. (but this time I doubled the recipe to have enough for the family to steal some too. I LOVE when they munch on my vegan foods.)

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket