* 2 cups vanilla soymilk
* 2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup instant tapioca pearls
* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, or to taste
* Pinch of salt
* 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée
* 2 cups mixed dried fruits, including cranberries, raisins and apples
* 1 cup toasted pecan halves, as garnish, optional
1. Put 1 1/2 cups soymilk and vanilla extract into saucepan, and stir in tapioca pearls. Stir remaining 1/2 cup soymilk with cornstarch, and, when well mixed, stir cornstarch mixture into tapioca mixture. Let sit 5 minutes.
2. Heat soymilk mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding begins to thicken, about 7 minutes. Whisk in sugar and salt, stirring to remove any lumps.
3. Stir in pumpkin purée and dried fruit. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and spoon into heatproof serving bowl. Serve warm, or refrigerate.
4. To serve, garnish with toasted pecans, if using.
Per SERVING: Calories: 290, Protein: 4g, Total fat: 1g, Saturated fat: g, Carbs: 67g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 150mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 41g