* 2 Tbs. olive oil
* 1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
* 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
* 1 Tbs. curry powder
* 8 oz. fresh baby artichokes, trimmed and quartered, or 1 8-oz. pkg. frozen artichokes, thawed
* 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
* 3/4 lb. new potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
* 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Stir in curry powder, and cook 30 seconds, or until color deepens.
2. Add artichokes, increase heat to medium-high, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, potatoes, and 2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until artichokes and potatoes are tender.
3. Ladle 1/4 cup cooking liquid into small bowl. Whisk mustard into liquid. Return to pot, add peas, and stir to combine. Simmer 3 minutes more, or until peas are bright green and heated through. Sprinkle each serving with mint.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Total fat: 9g,
Saturated fat: 1g,