* 8 dried Chinese black mushrooms
* 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
* 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 Tbs. canola oil
* 1 lb. baby bok choy (about 4 bunches), halved
* 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice (about 1 cup)
1. Combine mushrooms and broth in pot, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and soak 30 minutes to soften. Drain, reserving soaking liquid. Add soy sauce to soaking liquid, and set aside.
2. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Cut caps into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bok choy, cut side down, and cook 1 minute. Add reserved mushroom liquid, mushrooms, garlic and sugar, and cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Sprinkle bell pepper on top, and cook 5 minutes more, or until bok choy and peppers are tender. Remove lid, increase heat to high, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until all liquid has evaporated. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING:
Total fat: 4g,
Saturated fat: 0.5g,