Serves 4 (makes 12 pancakes)
* 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
* 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
* 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
* 3 large eggs
* 1/2 cup unbleached flour
* 3 Tbs. honey
* 2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Mix oats with buttermilk and milk in large bowl. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
2. Whisk eggs, flour, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into oatmeal mixture.
3. Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, or brush with melted butter or cooking oil. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto skillet for each pancake, spreading into 4-inch circle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on surface. Flip pancakes with spatula, and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer. Serve hot, topped with fruit compote, maple syrup, or peanut butter, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING:
Total fat: 7.5g,
Saturated fat: 2g,