* 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
* 2 medium onions, diced (3 cups)
* 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
* 4 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
* 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces (1 cup)
* 3 Tbs. Madras curry powder
* 1 15-oz. can black beans
* 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
* 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
* 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and finely chopped (1/4 cup)
* 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in potatoes, carrots, and curry powder, and cook 4 minutes.
2. Add beans and their liquid, tomatoes, broth, jalapeño chiles, vinegar, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until potatoes are flaky and carrots are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Information Per SERVING:
Total fat: 4g,
Saturated fat: 0.5g,