Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekly weigh-in

I am only down one pound from last week, but it was a great pound!! That pound puts me at 10 lbs lost!!! I am so excited.

I celebrated by making myself an old favorite macaroni and cheese with veggie dogs. It was over my calories and fat I wanted, but I figured it was a treat. There was a snag though. I didn't like it and it made me sick. It reminded me why I am eating this way. I am doing this for more than just weight loss. I am eating this way because when I don't eat healthy, I feel yucky. I feel nauseous and I have no energy. When I am eating healthy, I just feel good, I have energy, my mood is better. It is just better in general.

So yay for 10 lbs gone and for the reminder that a healthy vegetarian diet is the way for me to go.

I also remembered why I mainly eat foods that are naturally vegetarian instead of eating substitutes. The vegetarian lifestyle has so many wonderful foods to enjoy for what they are. I don't want to eat foods that try to be something they are not and that can never quite measure up. I never feel like I am missing out. I never look at my plate filled with lots of yummy veggies and whole grains and wish I was eating some greasy burger and fries instead. I LIKE veggies. They make me happy and I am a good enough cook to make them taste fabulous in hundreds of different ways. I am going to enjoy my vegetarian diet for what it is and not fill it with lots of fake foods.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket