Thursday, July 29, 2010

Curried rice and Split peas

1 1/2 cups brown rice
1 1/2 cups yellow split peas
5 cups water
Yellow curry powder- to taste ( I usually start with about a tablespoon and add more if needed once it is cooked.)

Combine in pot and let cook until water is absorbed. Usually about 30-40 minutes. If you want the dish creamier you can add more water and cook a little longer. I prefer it more pilaf style. This makes ALOT. I usually have enough for dinner and about I put the leftovers in 16 oz jars in the freezer. I usually have 3-4 jars of leftovers. It is great for breakfast as I just take the lid off the jar and microwave for three minutes.

Optional ingredients
Kale or other greens
Mushrooms
Asian sweet chili sauce
peppers
onions

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket