- 4 slice(s) bacon, reduced fat, diced into small pieces
- 1 small onion(s), peeled and chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 30 oz canned diced tomatoes, 2-15 ounce cans
- 1 Tbsp Home Again Chicken base, any brand will do
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cup(s) okra, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 Tbsp black pepper, really just to taste
Cook bacon slightly. Saute onion and garlic with bacon until tender. Add tomatoes, chicken base, sugar and pepper. Stir well and let simmer about 20 minutes. Pepper to taste.
Wash the okra and remove the fuzz. Cut into 1 inch chunks and add to mixture. Simmer another 20 minutes.
Serves 4 at 2 points per serving.