- 4 egg whites, large
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, large
- 7/8 cup scant all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two 17-inch-by-l2-by-r-inch baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Fit large pastry bag with a plain 1/2 inch round tube.
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer and whip until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue to beat until stiff and glossy.
- Transfer to another bowl.
- Add yolks to mixer bowl and stir in remaining sugar. Whip until thick and very pale in color and remove bowl from stand. Sift flour and baking powder together onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the flour, and then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Transfer mixture to pastry bag and pipe out onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Yield: 24 servings
1 POINTS per serving
Per serving: Calories 51 Calories, Fat 0.9g, Sodium 18mg, Potassium 16mg, Carbohydrate 9.2g, Dietary Fiber 0.1g, Protein 1.5g