Monday, February 1, 2010

Feeling Great and Vegetarian Broccoli Soup

I am really enjoying my vegetarian food. It is fun to find new and interesting foods to eat and I love how great I feel.

I really enjoyed the corn and bean salad I made yesterday and I ended up eating for both lunch and supper. I am going to my Mother-in-law's for supper tonight, so we will see how that will go. But tomorrow, I am planning on making a Vegetarian Broccoli Soup tomorrow. I love the idea of a really quick soup I can make just for myself.

Vegetarian Broccoli Soup

1 cup broccoli flowerets (about 5-6 flowerets)
1 cup milk (can substitute regular soy milk)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon of salt (or as much desired)

Directions:

1. Steam fresh broccoli in separate pan. Then drain water.
2. Meanwhile, heat milk and cornstarch, stirring constantly till thickens on about medium heat.
3. Stir in garlic, onion powder, and salt.
4. Then stir in steamed broccoli into thickened soup and enjoy.

(approx 167 calories)
Serves: 1
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket