- 4 slices cooked Canadian-style bacon, crumbled
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup wine, white
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 cup cooked white rice
Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and peppers; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring
frequently. If necessary, add water to pot to keep onions from burning. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Add wine, tomatoes, thyme and reserved bacon and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste. Serve over the white rice.
Serves 4, 7 POINTS per serving