- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless loin pork chops
- 1 tsp. salt-free Jamaican jerk seasoning (such as Spice Islands)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of pork with jerk seasoning, salt, and red pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork from pan; cover and keep warm.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in lime juice, jalapeño, and
reserved pineapple juice. Serve warm salsa over pork.
Makes four servings (serving size: 1 chop and 1/2 cup salsa).
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 255 Calories; 13g Fat (47.6% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat.