- 2 - 1 1/2 pounds Cornish hens
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups water
2. Preheat oven to 500 F.
3. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray; add water to pan. Remove hens from plastic bag. Remove hens from plastic bag, reserving marinade. Place hen halves, skin sides up, in pan with water. Bake at 500 F for 30 minutes or until hens are done, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Remove and discard skin before serving.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 hen half).
Selections: 4 P/M. Per serving: Calories 225 (30 % from fat); Protein 34.1 g; fat 7.5 g (sat 2 g); Carbohydrates 2.8 g; Fiber 0.5 g; Cholesterol 99 mg; Iron 1.8 mg; Sodium 132 mg; Calcium