- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (16 1/2 ounces) sweet cherries, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts and cook just until brown on both sides.Remove to plate; set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and green pepper to skillet; cook and stir for 5 to 6 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in cherries.
In small bowl, combine honey, vinegar, cornstarch and thyme; mix until blended and cornstarch is dissolved. Gradually add to skillet; cook, stirring, until liquid in skillet thickens. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to pan, cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition information per serving-protein: 27g; total fat 6g; saturated fat: 1g; carbohydrate: 24g; fiber: 1g; sodium: 332mg; cholesterol: 73mg; calories: 263