- 1 pound sweet Italian style turkey sausage
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound boneless pork loin cutlets
- 1 cans cannellini beans -- (2 oz) drained (2 to 15)
- 1 can diced tomatoes -- (1 oz) drained (1 to 15)
- 1/2 cup Welch's white grape juice
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning -- (1 to 1 1/2)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large stalk celery -- chopped
- 1 medium carrot -- chopped
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 4 cloves garlic -- minced (4 to 5)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Baguettes (A very nice touch - especially because the cannellini beans plus the grain makes the
- combination a major protein :)
1. Spray the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cook the turkey sausage thoroughly (I cooked mine in a covered non-stick pan.)
3. Let sausage cool while you clean and chop/mince the celery, carrots, on ion, and garlic.
4. Coin slice the sausages.
5. Add the white grape juice, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, drained diced tomatoes, and drained cannellini beans to the crock pot - - now, add the black pepper and poultry seasoning (and salt, if you wish) to this mixture, blending thoroughly.
6. Layer the pork, chicken breasts, and cut up sausage on top of the bean/veggie mixture.
7. Top with the bay leaf.
8. Cook on HIGH 1 hour, then cook on LOW for 7 more hours.
If you get the baguettes (a type of hearty French bread), you will probably love soaking it in the delicious gravy, too :)
Yield: 6 servings (as described below) plus some extra meat, which comes in handy in case anyone would like more than a 4 oz portion of the meats.
Serving Size = 4 oz portion of meats + 1/2 cup of the bean/veggie/gravy mixture
(small chunks of each type of meat and keep adding until it weighs 4 oz)
1 serving = 6 points
Optional addtion: 1 oz portion (about a 2" slice) of baguette = 2 points