- 2 cans 99% FF stock About 4 cups total
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 5 dashes Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley or cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
Makes about 4 servings and is ZERO Points!
Garnishes to add to soup just before serving...pick and choose as you like to your point limits. You gotta add the tortilla strips as that's what gives the soup it's name!!! Plus the tortillas and lime juice makes it to die for!!!! Add as much or as little as you like. I have listed various points values below, adjust as to how much you want of each...a little more avocado? a little less chicken....adjust accordingly.
- Fried corn tortilla strips (in olive oil, good fat!) 1 small/1 tsp olive oil 3 points (Cut tortilla into fine strips, fry in olive oil over medium heat)
- Cubed avocado -- 1/8 avocado 1 point (good fat!)
- LF sour cream -- 2 T. 1 point
- Shredded cooked white chicken -- half boneless breast 1.5 pts. Put shredded chicken in bottom of bowl and pour hot soup over top
- Green onions -- ZERO
- Fresh lime juice -- ZERO Add directly to individual bowls
- Kraft 2% Shredded Cheese -- 1/4 cup 2 pts
- Chopped tomatos --ZERO
Adjust your garnishes according to your desires and point availability. Tonight I had 1 oz chicken, green onions, 1/8th avocado, fresh lime juice, 1 tortilla, & 1 Tbsp LF sour cream.
YUM!!! Be sure to add the fresh lime juice and the tortilla....it's what makes the soup!