- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2lbs ground round (can use 93% lean ground beef)
- 3 slices light bread, curmbled (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Coat 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Tear off two lengths of aluminum foil long enough to fit in bottom of cooker and extend 3 inches over each side of cooker.
- Fold each foil strip lengthwise to form 2-inch-wide strips.
- Arrange foil strips in a cross fashion in cooker, pressing strip in bottom of cooker and extending ends over sides of cooker.
- Combine beef and next 5 ingredients; shape mixture into a loaf the shape of the slow cooker container.
- Place loaf in slow cooker over foil strips. (Foil strips become "handles" to remove meat loaf from slow cooker.)
- Make a shallow indention on top of meat loaf
- Combine ketchup and salsa (chili sauce); pour over meat loaf.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8 hours or on high heat 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Use foil strips to lift meat loaf from cooker. Let meat loaf stand 10 minutes before serving.Yield: 8 servings/4 points.
saturated);1.1g fiber;27.9g protein; 66mg cholesterol; 415 mg sodium; 31mg calcium;3.1mg iron.
(8 servings/4 points)