- 20 oz. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can seasoned chili beans
- Brown turkey in large skillet or large, but shallow pot. After 1 minute, add onion, red bell pepper, and spices.
- Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add canned ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30-45 minutes or until onions and peppers are soft.
- If you have some wiggle room, garnish with light shredded jack and/or cheddar cheese, dollop of light sour cream, fresh cilantro, crushed tortilla chips, etc.
* Calories: 212.6
* Total Fat: 6.4 g
* Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
* Sodium: 361.5 mg
* Total Carbs: 21.1 g
* Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
* Protein: 19.4 g