- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer. (Use a sifter if you don't have a strainer that's small enough.)
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to simmer until water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and garlic.
- Cook the garlic in the oil until the edges of the garlic turns very light brown, being careful not to burn the garlic (reduce heat to low if necessary).
- When the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the skillet along with the spinach.
- Stir it together until the spinach wilts.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and stir to combine.
* Fat: 8.5g
* Carbohydrates: 32.1g
* Calories: 232.8
* Protein: 7.6g