- Olive or vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 roasting chicken (6â€“7 lb)
- Kitchen twine
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Lightly coat a roasting pan and rack with cooking spray.
- Combine garlic, rosemary and salt in a bowl.
- Remove giblets and neck from chicken; trim fat.
- Starting at the neck cavity, gently loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks; spread rosemary mixture evenly under skin.
- Tuck wing tips under back of chicken; tie ends of drumsticks together with twine.
- Season with additional salt and black pepper; place breast side up in pan.
- Roast, basting twice with pan juices, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh (and not touching bone) reads 175Â°, about 1 3/4 hours.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving (remove skin).
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, if desired, and serve
Number of Servings: 8
* Calories: 178.5
* Total Fat: 4.2 g
* Cholesterol: 101.9 mg
* Sodium: 118.1 mg
* Total Carbs: 1.0 g
* Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
* Protein: 32.1 g