- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 2 1/3 cups Water
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and move a rack to the middle position.
- Spread the rice into an 8-inch square, glass baking dish.
- In a covered saucepan on the stove, bring the water and oil to a boil over high heat.
- Once it begins to boil, stir in the salt and pour over the rice.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Bake for one hour, until tender. Remove from the oven and uncover.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, cover with a clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes.
- Uncover for another 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
* Fat: 1.7g
* Carbohydrates: 22.9g
* Calories: 117.2
* Protein: 2.3g