- · 1 tbsp olive oil
- · 1 large onion, finely chopped
- · 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- · 1/2 stick of celery, chopped
- · 2 garlic cloves, minced
- · 1pound 99% fat-free ground turkey
- · 2 tbsp chili powder
- · 2 tsp ground cumin
- · 1/2 tsp oregano
- · 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- · 1 14 1/2-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- · 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce, no salt added
- · 1 15-ounce can kidney beans drained
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Add onion, celery, chopped pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Crumble the turkey into the pan, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder, cumin, coriander and oregano. Add in tomatoes and tomato sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, mix well and cook on low heat for a further 5-10 minutes. Option: spoon chili over ½ cup of cooked brown rice.
(Easy crockpot version: Brown turkey in skillet, and combine turkey and all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours) (Even quicker easier version, brown turkey in skillet and combine turkey and 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion, 1 tbsp of chili powder (to taste), 2 cans of chili seasoned diced tomatoes and 1 can of low sodium tomato soup all in crock pot on low for 4/5 hrs or in Dutch oven for 30 minutes med/low.