- 1 ½ C elbow macaroni, uncooked (I use rice pasta)
- 1 lb. pkg frozen mixed veggies (cauli, brocc, carrots), thawed
- 2 (6 oz. @) cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 scallions, sliced
- ¼ c minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 T fat free Italian salad dressing (or other gfcf dressing)
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 t dried basil
- ¼ t crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the macaroni for 6 minutes, until almost tender. Add the mixed vegetables. Return the water to a boil, then cook until pasta and veggies are just tender, about 1 minute longer. Drain and then rinse under cold running water.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tuna, scallions, parsley, salad dressing, vinegar, basil and pepper flakes. Add the pasta and veggies. Toss well. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 2 hours.
Numbers: 291 calories, 1g total fat, 32mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 39g carbs, 4g fiber, 30g protein, 75mg calcium
Makes 4 servings, 5 WW points each