* 2 lbs. fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
* 2 tbsp. olive oil
* 2 cloves fresh garlic
* 1 small red onion, diced
* 1/4 cup water
* Salt and pepper
* 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
* 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and beans. Once garlic and onion starts to brown, approximately 1 to 2 minutes, add water. Cover saucepan and steam beans to desired tenderness. Remove from heat.
2. Season with desired salt and pepper. Add oregano.
3. After you’ve transferred the beans to a serving platter, sprinkle with the almonds