Thursday, March 19, 2009

Layered breakfast

This layered combination sounds really odd, but I have heard it is really quite yummy. (I haven't tried it yet)

Make 1/2 gfcf cup oatmeal (1/4 cup uncooked oats mixed with 1/2 cup water and microwaved at 50% power for 3 min 30 seconds)

Layer 1/2 cup berries on top (I prefer blueberries, strawberries or blackberries)

Layer on 6 walnut halves (broken into pieces)

Next layer is 3/4 - 1 cup raw veggies (diced up broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, peppers, and red onion)

Top layer is 4 cooked egg whites - pan scrambled without oil

The combination takes some getting used to, and I started off with it this way as I take my breakfast to work and hated taking soo many bowls. Now I like it so much that I eat it almost every day.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket