If you want the potatoes to be nice and crispy, cut the slices thin enough.
* 2 cloves garlic
* Coarse salt (or sea salt if you choose)
* 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
* 1 tbsp. olive oil
* 1 1/2 lbs. red new potatoes sliced in to 1/4 inch slices
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Finely chop garlic. Sprinkle with salt of choosing.
3. Garlic needs to be made into a paste-like consistency, so take the back of a chef’s knife and press the garlic with the flat side of the blade back and forth until garlic is a paste. (I also used a garlic press first and then used the blade back as directed above). Place garlic in a small bowl.
4. Add thyme and olive oil to garlic paste.
5. Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss the potatoes with the garlic mixture. **
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are browned on the underside.
** To avoid a total mess by trying to toss the garlic mixture and the potatoes on the baking sheet, you can put everything in a gallon Ziploc bag, sealed it, and tossed them that way.