- 2 tablespoons best quality olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, whites only, thinly sliced and well washed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or homemade broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin, peeled and seeded, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (optional)
- ½ cup silken tofu
- Sea salt to taste
1. Saute leeks in oil until softened.
2. In a large saucepan add the broth and pumpkin. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Add garlic, ginger if using and tofu. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
4. Using a hand blender, puree soup mixture until uniformly smooth.
Makes 2 servings.