Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chops w/Garlic Pepper Rub

Ingredients
  • 4 loin pork chops
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt
Directions
  1. On a cutting board sprinkle salt on minced garlic. With the side of a chef’s knife, mash salt into minced garlic to make a paste.
  2. Place garlic paste in a small bowl and add pepper and oregano.
  3. Spread garlic pepper rub over one side of chops.
  4. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, and when hot, add chops, rub- side down; seasoning tops with salt. Pan-fry until nicely browned, then turn over and brown other side.
  5. Chops are done when meat is fairly firm when pressed and there are no red juices. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!

I wanted to let you know I've changed my recipe stash URL, yet again... :D

http://jennswholefoodskitchen.blogspot.com/

I've decided to go back to the whole foods approach. I like it better and I'm more likely to stick with it.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know! :D

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket