- 2 pounds orange turnip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
1. Peel and cube the turnip. Cook in a saucepan in salted water until very tender. Drain then mash with the butter or margarine, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Set aside.
2. In a skillet fry the bacon until nice and crispy. Remove from the skillet and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
3. To the skillet with the 2 tablespoons of bacon grease add the mashed turnip and crumpled bacon. Stir and heat to the desired temperature before serving.