Beef Stew - Crockpot
* 1 pound(s) lean beef round, cut into 1-inch cubes (London Broil)
* 1 spray(s) cooking spray
* 1 small onion(s), chopped
* 2 cup(s) mushroom(s), sliced
* 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
* 2 large carrot(s), sliced
* 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed, divided
* 1 1/2 cup(s) canned beef broth, divided
* 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
* 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
* 1/2 tsp table salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 2 tbsp thyme, or 2 whole sprigs, for garnish (optional)
* Place beef in a 5-quart slow cooker.
* Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add onion mixture to slow cooker; add carrots.
* Place half of beans in slow cooker; place remaining beans in a blender. Add 1/2 cup of broth to blender and puree; spoon mixture into slow cooker. Add remaining broth, tomatoes, oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
* Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 to 7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme before serving. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
You can serve it over rice. And, I would ignore all the directions and just throw everything in the pot all at once.