Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Talk

I got some groceries today. I will be getting more on Friday. But for now that is at least enough to get me started. I am planning on doing what I can to eat as healthy as I can. I need to get this baby weight off. I can feel it on my body. I can feel it in my knees. I need to get back to where I was.

This is my supper tonight:

Cheesy Chicken Pot Biscuit Cups

Serves 5 (2 each)
Points per serving : 5
1 (7.5 oz.) can of refrigerated homestyle or buttermilk biscuits
1 cup (5 oz.) diced chicken breast
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can healthy request cream of chicken soup
scant 2/3 cup (2 1/2 oz) shredded kraft reduced-fat cheddar cheese (I used the Kraft fat free kind and worked fine.)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (I did not have this so I used oregano and basil seasoning)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of an ungreased 12-hole muffin pan, pressing dough up sides to edge of cup. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chicken soup, cheddar cheese, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 2-3 minutes. Serve at once.

If you want the quickest and easiet method, you can buy canned chicken.

Also, you have to be sure to use biscuits that are only 1 point each or you will go over the stated points value. Pillsbury makes a buttermilk biscuit that comes in a 4 pack that are 1 point each and sometimes the small store brand biscuits ae 1 point each

Per serving: 230 calories, 6 gm fat, 2 gm fiber. Points per serving : 5
Serving size - 2 each.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket