| Was POINTS® Value: 14 |
Now POINTS® Value: 6
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|Tuna casserole has a bad reputation for being a high-calorie dish. But not anymore! We've made a few easy ingredient substitutions.|
- 12 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 12 oz water-packed tuna fish, drained
- 2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 16 oz fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, or reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook noodles according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Fold in tuna, mushrooms and peas.
- Whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl; fold into noodle mixture. Transfer to a 4-quart casserole dish; top with cheese. Bake until top is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- We renovated Tuna Noodle Casserole by:
- Opting for tuna in water, not tuna in oil.
- Choosing fat-free sour cream instead of regular.
- Switching from regular mayonnaise to fat-free.
- Topping it with reduced-fat cheese instead of the full-fat variety.
0 points - egg whites
4 points - eggs
0 points - tomato
0 points - mushrooms
0 points - green pepper and zucchini
3 points - sour cream
7 points - total
3 points - coffee and granola bar