Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday Weight talk

So here it is Wednesday and I have managed to get some groceries, not all the ones I wanted to, I concentrated on getting stuff for my family first. I will get more groceries on Friday. In the meantime, I am going to do the best with what I have.

Here is my plan for today so far, I will update it as I go through the day:

Breakfast:
4 points - oatmeal breakfast

Snack:
0 points - Coffee
4 points - leftover chicken and biscuit
2 points - partly skimmed cheese

Lunch:
3 points - 1/2 cup water Packed Tuna
1 points - Fat Free Mayo
3 points - Whole Wheat Bread

Snack:
1 points - 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
1/2 pts - 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce


Supper:
3 points - 3 cups Chili
1 points - 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
5 points - Ritz Chips

Snack:

3 points - Granola bar

Total:
30.5 points used of 31 daily points

One-Point Hearty Chili

10 ounces extra-lean ground turkey breast*
1 medium onion, diced
2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 medium yellow squash, diced
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (15-ounce) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium beef broth
4 celery stalks, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package dry chili seasoning
(alternative 1-2 Tb chili powder, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp cumin)

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set
over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and onion and saute' until browned, about 5 minutes.

2. Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large
soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.

*I used Veggie Ground Round which is even less points.

Per serving (1 cup): 78 calories, 1 g fat, 3 g fiber
POINTS: 1

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket