| POINTS® Value: 5 |
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 70 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
|Roasted vegetable puree gives lasagna a new twist! For variety, substitute zucchini or yellow squash for the eggplant.|
- 3 medium raw eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 4 small tomato(es), plum, seeded and chopped
- 4 medium garlic clove(s), peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 9 serving dry lasagna noodles, 9 noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place half of vegetables, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup water in food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/2 cup of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.