Thursday, August 14, 2008

Doesn't this sound yummy?!!

I got this email from the blog a Veggie Venture and it had this amazingly yummy sounding side-dish that I just had to share here. It is even low carb! I am definitely going to get some feta cheese when I get groceries tomorrow so that I can give this a shot.

Batons of zucchini, ready for the oven

ROASTED ZUCCHINI with FETA

Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 35 minutes
Serves 4


1 pound zucchini, cut into thirds lengthwise, then into sixths
2 green onions, cut into lengths
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1 ounce feta cheese

Preheat oven to 375F. Toss zucchini, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper and feta in a large bowl. Arrange in a baking container with room enough to spread evenly in a single layer. Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring after 10 and 15 minutes, until zucchini are cooked but still quite firm.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
Per Serving: 71Cal; 3g Protein; 5g Tot Fat; 2g Sat Fat; 5g Carb; 1g Fiber; 98mg Sodium; 6mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 1 point

2 comments:

The Diva on a Diet said...

This looks amazing and perfect for the abundance of zucchini this time of year. Thanks!

Nice blog. I'm a first time visitor here and will def. be back.

Cheers!

Vikki said...

oooo yummmy thank you for posting! I love love love zucchini!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket