- 1 pound flank steak, top sirloin steak, or skirt steak
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white and light-green parts only, cleaned and cut into strips (1 1/4 cups)
- 8 (8-inch) Atkins Bakery\xc2\x99 Tortillas Wrap
- 3 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup PageLink(Verdemole) (optional)
- 1/4 cup low-carb green taco sauce (such as LaVictoria)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Place steak in a large container. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder. Rub thoroughly over both sides of steak.Sprinkle lime juice over top, cover and marinate in the refrigerator 1 1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted but not brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
Preheat grill or broiler*.
Remove steak from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 1/2 hour before grilling. Grill steak: for medium-rare, until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 130F when inserted into thickest part of steak, 3 to 4 minutes per side; for medium, until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 150F when inserted into thickest part of steak, 4 to 5 minutes per side; for well-done, until an instant-read meat thermometer registers 160F when inserted into thickest part of steak, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter, and let stand while preparing tortillas.
Place tortillas on grill or in a lightly oiled, heated skillet, and cook 15 seconds per side. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep warm.
With a sharp knife, thinly slice meat across the grain. Arrange on a serving platter, and surround with leeks, jicama, cabbage and cilantro. Add taco sauce, sour cream and limes on the side.
To serve, let everyone make their own fajita as theyd like. Add 1 tablespoon Verdemole to each, if using (dont forget to add in the extra carbs!). Roll up, and enjoy.Nutritional Information
Per Serving:Net Carbs: 17.5 grams
Fiber: 10.5 grams
Protein: 18.0 grams
Fat: 9.5 grams
Calories: 401Recipe Information:Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0:25:00
Marinate Time: 0:00:00
Cook Time: 0:35:00
Cool Time: 1:30:00