Low Carb Baked Spaghetti Squash With Garlic Sage Cream
A few simple ingredients transform this mild tasting vegetable into a memorable side dish. If you are watching carbs it has a net carb count of only 2 grams per serving. For those doing Atkins, use the heavy cream, for those on SBD use milk and add a wee bit of thickener if needed.
55 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 6
2 1/2 lbs spaghetti squash
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 garlic clove, pushed through a press
3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Prick squash in several places and bake 45 min until tender.
3. Allow to cool slightly, cut in 1/2 and scoop out seeds.
4. Pull out squash strands from each side with a fork.
5. Transfer to a warm bowl.
6. While squash is baking: Heat cream, garlic and sage in pan over med. heat.
7. Cook 10 min until cream is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
8. Pour sauce over squash, toss lightly until combined.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
10. Serve immediately.