Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weightloss Wednesday--Eating out

I am feeling pretty good. Enjoying the change of pace with Core and all the new things I am learning. I love that this has so much fibre and that I am never hungry.

I don't know about you guys, but eating out is so hard for me now that I am losing weight. It is hard to find the right things and not to go off-plan. Here are some tips I found that help me:




Top 6 Eating Out Tips
How to stay slim, even when you're not cooking

1. Have a snack beforehand: Going to a restaurant on an empty stomach is a recipe for disaster. Eat a small piece of low-fat cheese or a few whole wheat crackers before heading out the door, and you'll find it's far easier to make wise choices once you're looking at a big menu.

2. Don't go out for drinks on an empty stomach: One drink will make you hungry, and you will probably eat the first thing that you see.

3. Delay the bread: Ask for the bread basket to be brought to the table with the main course. This will keep you from nibbling while you wait for your order.

4. Order wisely: Instead of an appetizer and main course, opt for smaller portions by ordering two appetizers instead. Plan to share an entr?e with your dining companion. Likewise, order one dessert and share it with the table. And when at fast-food restaurants, opt for the salads or grilled meat or fish. Ask for salad dressing on the side. Dip the salad into the dressing or spoon a tablespoon of it over the salad.

5. Start with a doggie bag: Often restaurant portions are so huge, it's easy to feel satisfied even if you only eat half of what is served. Ask for the doggie bag to arrive when your dinner is served so you can set some of your meal aside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those tips, I'm always on the lookout for good ones :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips. Most of those are ones I've heard before, but I really need to start taking them more to heart. I sometimes don't\...

Anonymous said...

My wife & I were eating out a lot at the end of last week when we got a night away without the kids. A day and a half spent in cafe's and restaurants. Fantastic. Apart from the 2lb gain that is...

Anonymous said...

Good tips!! It is hard to eat out. You know I don't mind doing the half sandwich with fruit option, but so many places offer honeydew and canalope for the fruit, and those two fruits or so icky to me. Why can't they offer pineapple, watermelon, grapes, apples, pears, etc? My husband has the same problem. He doesn't like those two fruits either. Or give me some orange slices you know? So I usually end up taking the damn french fries since I don't like those two fruits.

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket