Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New things

I read this article yesterday that said that when you start a new diet, don't try a bunch of new things right away because if you don't like them, you won't stick to your diet. Is that true for you?

See for me, the opposite is true. I love taking the opportunity of a new diet to try all the new things that this diet includes. I changed to Core. Core limits some things like rice, pasta, and potatoes to one serving a day before counting the rest towards your 35 Weekly Allotted Points. However there are a lot of things you can eat to satisfaction. So I am having so much fun experimenting and trying new things. I tried polenta last night. I still have a few kinks to work out but it was actually really good.

Yesterday, I was really craving something sweet and starchy like cookies or peanut butter and jelly bread. I knew I could use my WAP to get some, but I decided to see what I could do that would be on my list. So, I experimented. I made a kind of oatcake in my frying pan that was really really good. Again, I will change a few things next time to perfect the recipe but with a little splenda in the recipe, it was exactly what I wanted. It satisfied me. I love the feeling of discovering new healthy and interesting foods to eat. It is fun for me. It makes this whole weightloss journey more fun for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here, i've been experimenting with new foods, grains like Bulgur, Quinoa & Spelt and i love them. I even want to start baking with Spelt flour, currently searching for a book...spelt is so healthy

Anonymous said...

I'm all for trying new things too. If I don't like something, I won't eat it again.
Once you get that receipe worked out you'll have to share it.

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket