Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Five

Five good things I have learned about myself on this journey.


  1. there is nothing I can't do if I try it and I am determined to do it.
  2. my weight was effecting my health in more ways than I knew about.
  3. I can look like that girl I see in my high school picture but older and wiser.
  4. I can be proud of how I look.
  5. I can feel sexy again.

Five things that are not so great for dieting that I learned about myself and am working to correct:

  1. I turn to food when I am stressed and it DOES make me feel better.
  2. I am hopelessly addicted to coffee. Terribly, dreadfully, absolutely addicted.
  3. I tend to put myself last a lot. Especially when it comes to who to spend money on. (Like buying the more expensive healthy foods.)
  4. It wasn't the way I held my head, I DID have double chins in all those pictures.
  5. The camera DOESN'T add all that weight. I WASN'T just big boned, I WAS fat back then.

I am finding my muscles sore today. But I went to the gym anyway, and I still did the treadmill for twenty minutes after doing the circuit. And guess what? I had it all done and back home again by 9:30.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are really doing great! Your blog is amazing...

Molly

Anonymous said...

You're so right about those things we realise and accept NOW! You're doing super, continue that way.

Anonymous said...

Cindy you are doing awesome and I love reading your blog everyday!!!

hugs,
April

Anonymous said...

GOod for you for getting all that exercise in Chicka, and I hope that your muscles feel better soon - I hope BOTH our bodies start giving in and just accepting that the exercise wont stop - so they best get used to it! ~winks~

Anonymous said...

WoooHoooo!! You go girl!! So cheesy I know but damn look at you!! You are sore, and you still make yourself go to the gym!! NICE!! Keep it up!! :D

Anonymous said...

Great job Cindy! Your list is very insightful!

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket