Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Food Guilt

I read this great article, "1 Step Back, 2 Steps Forward" about food guilt when you are dieting. I tend to do that a lot. I beat myself up about eating over my points and stuff even if I didn't mean to. This article really helped me deal with that.


I particular, I really enjoyed this part:


In tennis, losing one point isn’t the end of the world. It happens to the best of them. In fact, if you simply consistently win a few more points that you lose, you may end up in the hall of fame. In weight loss, as long as you’re consistently out-stepping your steps back, you’re ahead of the game. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt.Guilt can be debilitating to weight loss. When you mess up (or even when things are messed up for you), it’s natural to feel guilty. At that point, you have a choice: to let that guilt plummet you into a cycle that could spit you out worse off than before, or to accept the step back and say "where do I go from here?"
Just because I made a mistake doesn't mean I lost the game. I can still get right back up, jump back on the bandwagon and beat this thing! Anyway, it was very motivating for me.


Food List for Wednesday:
2 point--Egg White Omelet
1 point--WW bread
1 point--low fat cream cheese
0 point--coffee
1 1/2 points--tuna
2 points--bread
1 point--low fat cream cheese
1 1/2 points--cookie
2 points--yogurt
7 1/2 points--lean beef and veggies
1 1/2 points--cookie
1 point--yogurt
2 points--krispy square
4 points--granola bar
28 points--Total for Wednesday

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket