Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cheezy Potato Casserole

4-5 potatoes sliced thinly in food processor or mandolin
2-1lb bag of favorite frozen veggies (I used broccoli and Med mix)
1/4 bag frozen kale or other green

arrange sliced potatoes in 9x13 pyrex dish then pour frozen veggies over top and spread evenly.

cheezy sauce (from fatfreevegan.com) I used 2 1/2 x the recipe cause I wanted it real cheezy but you could use just 2 x.

1 cup water
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 Tbs light miso
3/4 cup soy milk

( I added extra mustard and paprika and only used 1/2 cup ff soy milk cause the frozen veggies have water content.)
Blend it all in a blender then pour over the veggies and potatoes top with foil tightly.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour. I ended up adding a cup of water to the second batch on the lower shelf of oven and cooking an additional 20min cause potatoes weren't totally done. But the top one was done fine.

No comments:

Photobucket

**NOTE TO MY FRIENDS**
Come on in for a nice cup of coffee and a chat about my weight loss journey as well as all the healthy recipes I have found, including WW points and/or nutritional information if available. I am eating a vegetarian diet and concentrating on getting healthy and hopefully weight loss will follow. Thank to all my readers for their ongoing support.



http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com Ticker

Photobucket