* 1 bunch broccoli - cut into florets, stem peeled and chopped
* 1 T oil (Tip, I use a little water, or veggie broth)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced, grated, or pressed
* 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
* 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 Tablespoon dry sherry
* 1 teaspoon equivalent artificial sweetener
* 3 Tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
1) Lightly steam broccoli, or microwave in a covered container in small amount of water for 3 minutes.
2) While that is happening, if the almonds aren't toasted, you can do that in the skillet you're going to use for the broccoli - either in a dry pan or a small amount of oil.
3) Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry, and sweetener.
4) Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet.
5) Stir-fry the broccoli in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, until almost tender. Push to the edges of the pan.
6) Put ginger and garlic in the center of the pan (add a little more oil or whatever you are usingif need be), and saute 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Tips for using fresh ginger
7) Put sauce in the pan, and toss all ingredients together. Top with almonds.
Nutritional Information:Each of 6 servings has 4 grams effective carbohydrate plus 3 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, and 86 calories.