Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges (to squeeze over the top) if desired.
* 2 tsp. vegetable oil
* 2 medium onions, chopped
* 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
* 2 large cloves garlic, minced
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 4 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 3/4 cup frozen corn
* 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. In large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown in spots, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, jalapeno, cumin and salt and cook, stirring often, 30 seconds. Add 3/4 cup water and cook, stirring to scrape any browned bits from bottom of pan, until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste and serve hot.
Per serving: Calories: 207, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 3g, Carbs: 38g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 279mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugars: g